Thursday, March 31, 2011

Who is Christophe Lemaire?

     
     This guy is so rediculously Fenya. I just discovered him through browsing the new collections on style.com and it blew me away. Both romantic and classic, it hints at Russian princes and Mongolian townsfolk. It also reminds me of clothing my mother used to sew from a catalog called FolkWear, which only did traditional, ethnic patterns. This hits the nail on the head for my concept of Fenya- I'm elated.


    I guess I'm not the only person to think he's amazing- I just did some research to find out where the heck this guy came from, and it turns out Hermes just hired him, replacing Jean Paul Gaultier as the brand's creative director. I can't wait to see what else this guy has in his arsenal.  This look in particular captured me. It reminds me of my ninja jumpsuits and also of Tai fisherman pants. Any body shape, size, age, whatever could wear this. There's a particular allure to a beautiful woman shrouding herself in the mystery of not showing her shape, not to mention being comfortable. 

  

     So much of fashion is trying too hard. Women use too much energy trying to hide figure flaws, trying to enhance certain features, trying to look sexy, to convey an attitude. This clothing embodies ease.




                                         




1 comment:

  1. i LOVE everything about these pieces. thank you for your post, katherine! truly an eye candy.
    modi

    ReplyDelete